It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Fun*Run Time

It's ALREADY that time of year again: The ADAPT Fun*Run for Disability Rights is April 22nd 2012. Maryland's fundraising goal is $8,000 this year. Yes, that's right, $8,000

Donate $1! Donate $10! Donate $100! Donate $1,000! JUST DONATE so we can FREE OUR PEOPLE! http://adaptfunrun.org/runner.php?id=7 I thank you very much for your support!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Man I HATE Death & Dying Class

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4314522,00.html

The other day my professor sent the class a link to an article on the Gaurdian site that was published back in 2001. It needs to be read in the next 13hrs. I just pulled it up and I don't know if I can read it. Just the caption makes me sick. What is with her and perpetuating stereotypes? 2 weeks ago I had to do an article presentation and it ended up being me trying to debunk cancer stereotypes. What else am I going to have to fight about in this class?

A dignified death

When motor neurone disease became too much to bear, GP Elizabeth Curry downed some pills with a pint of gin and tonic. Why can't others be allowed to choose when to go, asks her daughter, Hazel Curry

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogiversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
 
design by suckmylolly.com