It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Fun*Run Time

It's ALREADY that time of year again: The ADAPT Fun*Run for Disability Rights is April 22nd 2012. Maryland's fundraising goal is $8,000 this year. Yes, that's right, $8,000

Donate $1! Donate $10! Donate $100! Donate $1,000! JUST DONATE so we can FREE OUR PEOPLE! http://adaptfunrun.org/runner.php?id=7 I thank you very much for your support!

Monday, January 28, 2008

ARRRGH... Another One

So I was standing outside at school with my crutches and my cell phone out as I was about to call the cab company back and see where my cab was. It was 9:00 and I just wanted to go home; it was a long day. They used to call when they showed up, in which case I could have waited inside, but lately they haven’t been calling. I’d already missed one cab this morning and I wasn’t about to miss another one, so I was very uncomfortably braving the freezing cold.

A girl comes up to me who is passing out little cards—very obviously Jesus cards. Now I’m all cool, believe whatever you want to believe, but please leave me alone and stop trying to convert me. I’m Jewish and I’m perfectly happy to remain so. Anyway she comes up to me “Do you want one of… well you don’t really have any hands, but do you have a pocket or something?”

I took the d@mn card in the hopes that she would then leave me alone. Thought It’d be easier then the ‘I’m Jewish’ talk.

“Did you hurt your leg or…?”

“No.”

“There’s this story in the bible about some such person I’ve never heard of (must be new testament). Do you read the bible much?”

“No.”

“Well he was… lame and he had dinner with g-d and g-d loved him and whatever. Well it was nice talking to you. I hope you don’t mind.”

“No.” The easiest answer.

“Well I’ll be praying for you. Remember that g-d loves you.” And she walks away…

I don’t think I’ve had anyone who wanted to pray for me in about 9 years. That time I was sitting in the airport, ironically flying to MN to have surgery. He saw my wheelchair so he took it upon himself to go so far as to put his hands on my legs and pray to Jesus that he should fix my legs so that I could walk.

I REALLY just don’t need this right now. Today was a very stressful day, and it’s only the first day of classes. It’s not going to get any better. I have a LONG road ahead of me.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogiversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
 
design by suckmylolly.com