It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Fun*Run Time

It's ALREADY that time of year again: The ADAPT Fun*Run for Disability Rights is April 22nd 2012. Maryland's fundraising goal is $8,000 this year. Yes, that's right, $8,000

Donate $1! Donate $10! Donate $100! Donate $1,000! JUST DONATE so we can FREE OUR PEOPLE! http://adaptfunrun.org/runner.php?id=7 I thank you very much for your support!

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Update on My DORS Meeting

For those of you who are following along:

So I went to my DORS meeting and I guess I seemed to jog her memory yesterday because when I went in she said it seemed like I was doing much better then before. They will still pay my tuition because I brought in the letter from my shrink stating why I droped my classes, but in order to do so they need a letter from my psychiatrist stating that she recommends that I take a reduced course load. For some reason they won't pay for people to go part time unless you have good reason. I don't understand. All they do all day is deal with people with disabilities. Shouldn't they be able to substantiate going part time just by looking at someone? The other thing is that they won't submit my paperwork to financial aid until I drop the classes I'm holding, because it screws things up if they get billed for extra $. If I hold the classes as long as I wanted to I won't have $ to buy my books, probably until the 3rd week of school. This means that I have to drop those classes TODAY. Going to call my adviser and see if she thinks if I were to change my mind I would be able to get these classes back. They're all in my department and my department head likes me. Don't think there's a problem, but it's always good to double check.


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogiversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
 
design by suckmylolly.com