It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Fun*Run Time

It's ALREADY that time of year again: The ADAPT Fun*Run for Disability Rights is April 22nd 2012. Maryland's fundraising goal is $8,000 this year. Yes, that's right, $8,000

Donate $1! Donate $10! Donate $100! Donate $1,000! JUST DONATE so we can FREE OUR PEOPLE! http://adaptfunrun.org/runner.php?id=7 I thank you very much for your support!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Quote From the Drs Office

The other day I went for a botox appt, and you have to sit there forever. You get seen 1st and then it could easily take an hr for the botox to appear from the pharmacy downstairs. What gives? So of course the Dr goes off and sees someone else while you sit there and find people to text, or just stare at the wall, or whatever. This time he saw a little boy who rather obviously also has CP. I know this because it is standard procedure for a physiatrist to ask you to walk down the hall several times, first with shoes/assistive devices, then without, and my door was open.


It was after his last time, as he was walking back into his exam room that the boy turned to the Dr (out of my view) and said
"Dr N, why do you make me walk on the floor if it's dirty?"
I chuckled to myself. That's nothing I'd ever be concerned with. That, and well, there's dark carpet in the hall. You can't tell.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogiversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
 
design by suckmylolly.com