It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Fun*Run Time

It's ALREADY that time of year again: The ADAPT Fun*Run for Disability Rights is April 22nd 2012. Maryland's fundraising goal is $8,000 this year. Yes, that's right, $8,000

Donate $1! Donate $10! Donate $100! Donate $1,000! JUST DONATE so we can FREE OUR PEOPLE! http://adaptfunrun.org/runner.php?id=7 I thank you very much for your support!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's Voting Season

Candidate Endorsers

I'm posting this just in time as the Maryland primary is Tuesday. The Lorraine Sheehan Health & Community Services act is something very close to my heart. I have a friend who comes across as a single issue voter, but states proudly that she is not. She states that yes, she is a pro-disability voter, but she is also pro-poor people, pro-healthcare, etc. It just so happens that the boundaries between these issues often blur. She, as am I, is a pro-disenfranchised, look out for the underdog voter. This bill captures all of that.

I have written about the act before. In short, Maryland has 2 different alcohol taxes that haven't been raised since 1955 & 1972 respectively. A 10 cent increase would raise $214 million in funds that will be used for direct support for individuals with developmental disabilities, substance abuse treatment, & expanding medicaid eligibility. This has been a multi-year battle, & if you're in Maryland I hope you'll vote pro-alcohol tax this tuesday. I know I won't be voting for 2 of my incumbents...

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogiversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
 
design by suckmylolly.com