It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Fun*Run Time

It's ALREADY that time of year again: The ADAPT Fun*Run for Disability Rights is April 22nd 2012. Maryland's fundraising goal is $8,000 this year. Yes, that's right, $8,000

Donate $1! Donate $10! Donate $100! Donate $1,000! JUST DONATE so we can FREE OUR PEOPLE! http://adaptfunrun.org/runner.php?id=7 I thank you very much for your support!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Another Odd Disability Thing

Today is my 25th birthday and I've been feeling for weeks like I should write some big "commemorating my life at the quarter century mark" post, but alas I've got nothing. I feel like the only thing I could write is a "look how much she's overcome" post. GAG ME. I refuse to do that.


So instead I will share a little antidote from my life. You see, I've started going grocery shopping on my birthday in recent years. GROCERY SHOPPING you wonder. Who would want to go grocery shopping on their birthday??? ME! Especially when it is Wegmans, one of my favorite places in the world, somewhere I only bother to trek to about 4 times a year.

I attribute my love of grocery stores, I guess, to back when I was about 3. My parents wanted me to walk, so they would carry me into the store, set me down right inside the door, and if I would cooperate and walk all the way to the back of the store where the bakery is, I would get a cookie. Just one. But that's plenty to motivate a 3yo and create a positive association to grocery stores.

So that's the story. Not a long one, but the story nonetheless. I was going to move my birthday this year, as I was doing nothing special, move it 3 weeks and celebrate it during the national action, but then I got the greatest gift of all--a local action this evening.

To end this post, here's another plug to donate. I still have $946 to go! I also have a lot of great posts coming up this month, so stay tuned. Below is my New Mobility article. I wish I was more pleased with it, but it is what it is.


Verbatum Article

3 comments:

Emma said...

Happy Birthday Cheryl!

Adelaide Dupont said...

Wow. And it's been ten years since you've been an advocate and in the movement.

(That's a great anniversary to celebrate).

The cake looks wonderful.

Cheryl said...

HAHA! That's not my cake. I wish! I actually didn't get any cake this year. I google image searched.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogiversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
 
design by suckmylolly.com