It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Fun*Run Time

It's ALREADY that time of year again: The ADAPT Fun*Run for Disability Rights is April 22nd 2012. Maryland's fundraising goal is $8,000 this year. Yes, that's right, $8,000

Donate $1! Donate $10! Donate $100! Donate $1,000! JUST DONATE so we can FREE OUR PEOPLE! http://adaptfunrun.org/runner.php?id=7 I thank you very much for your support!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I haven't done one of these in the past 2 weeks because I haven't been able to write one up wednesday night or Thursday and somehow I think Thankful Thursday on Friday is wrong. But here we go... This week I am thankful because...

  • of one very special friend who I would mention by name except that she has requested to always remain nameless on this blog.
  • of all the people who are suddenly dropping out of the sky to give me great opportunities.
  • Monday I was able to be that person for someone else.
  • I don't have swine flu and swine flu isn't nearly the scare we thought.
  • I'm getting some $ soon and can by my parents a wedding/ housewarming/ mother's day/ father's day present (It's not that much $ that I can buy them 4) if they ever email me a photo to make it from. I desperately need that $.
  • I am changing insurances in mere weeks and can have someone deal with my rapidly dilapidating powerchair I suspect needs to be replaced but pray it does not.
  • My mom sent me $10 in the mail.
  • I left my phone in Hillel last night and did not drop it in the street to get run over by a car as I did once before.
  • I know how to navigate transportation systems very well, and while annoying, I have faired very well since the cab program reduction.
  • I've met 2 new activist crips who are both under 30. It's nice to socialize with people who get me.
[image description: cute looking cartoon of a pig in the mud]

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's Sunday but I'm having a Thankful Thursday moment for Cheryl! I am very encouraged by this post.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogiversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
 
design by suckmylolly.com