It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Fun*Run Time

It's ALREADY that time of year again: The ADAPT Fun*Run for Disability Rights is April 22nd 2012. Maryland's fundraising goal is $8,000 this year. Yes, that's right, $8,000

Donate $1! Donate $10! Donate $100! Donate $1,000! JUST DONATE so we can FREE OUR PEOPLE! http://adaptfunrun.org/runner.php?id=7 I thank you very much for your support!

Friday, March 7, 2008

2 News Stories From Yesterday


The first, Disabled Duck Gets Custom Made Scooter, I saw on my local news. It bothers me that they only had the video up, so I did a google search and found it in print on another NBC website. Lemon has a neurological disorder that prevents her from being able to walk on her own. So her owner Laura Backman, a kindergarten teacher, made a scooter for her so that she could walk. Not only that, but she brings her to school everyday. "I think it provides a really good introduction to disabilities and how all life is important," Backman said. "It doesn't matter if you're a duck or a person, we're all important." She has written a children's book about Lemon the Duck, but I did a search and couldn't find it. I guess it's not published yet.

The second story, that I saw on NBC Nightly News, is about a blind teacher at a school for the blind in Tibet. She, six of her students, and a guide who is also blind, set off to climb Mt. Everest. The documentary is set to be released soon I think. I couldn't find the story on MSNBC (after I couldn't find the first story I was getting frustrated). But I did find the groups personal website.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogiversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
 
design by suckmylolly.com