It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Fun*Run Time

It's ALREADY that time of year again: The ADAPT Fun*Run for Disability Rights is April 22nd 2012. Maryland's fundraising goal is $8,000 this year. Yes, that's right, $8,000

Donate $1! Donate $10! Donate $100! Donate $1,000! JUST DONATE so we can FREE OUR PEOPLE! http://adaptfunrun.org/runner.php?id=7 I thank you very much for your support!

Friday, August 27, 2010

A Meme

I found this meme through socialworker24/7. It's kind of exciting because I've never done a meme before and because I'm discovering new blogs. If you want to learn more and participate too, visit http://invisibleillnessweek.com

1. The illness I live with is: BIPOLAR II
2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: 2007
3. But I had symptoms since: 2000
4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is: BEING CONSISTENT WITH MEDS
5. Most people assume: NOT FOR ME SPECIFICALLY BUT MOST PEOPLE ASSUME THAT MOST PEOPLE WITH PSYCHIATRIC DISABILITIES ARE VIOLENT
6. The hardest part about mornings are: GETTING OUT OF BED
7. My favorite medical TV show is: GREY'S ANATOMY
8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is: MY IPOD
9. The hardest part about nights are: GOING TO BED AT A REASONABLE TIME
10. Each day I take __ pills & vitamins. (No comments, please): I TAKE AN ANTIDEPRESSANT AND A MOOD STABILIZER
11. Regarding alternative treatments I: AM ALWAYS OPEN TO TRY
12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: WELL I ALREADY HAVE BOTH
13. Regarding working and career: IT'S FRUSTRATING
14. People would be surprised to know: I LIKE THAT MY DISABILITIES MAKE ME MULTIDIMENIONAL
15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: THAT I JUST CAN'T DO AS MUCH IN A DAY AS I THOUGHT I COULD
16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was: THIS HASN'T CHANGED HOW I VIEW WHAT I CAN/NOT DO OTHER THEN I NEED TO BE MORE CAREFUL HOW I BALANCE MY TIME
17. The commercials about my illness: I HARDLY WATCH TV ANYMORE, SO THEY DON'T BOTHER ME ANYMORE
18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is: I HAVEN'T HAD TO GIVE ANYTHING UP
19. It was really hard to have to give up: SEE ABOVE
20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: BLOGGING
21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF
22. My illness has taught me: THE VALUE OF FRIENDSHIP
23. Want to know a secret? One thing people say that gets under my skin is: "PEOPLE LIKE YOU..."
24. But I love it when people: REALIZE I'M A PERSON AND NOT A DIAGNOSIS
25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is: ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHOW UP
26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them: THAT THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT WAYS TO DEVELOP A SUPPORT SYSTEM
27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is: WELL I'VE ALWAYS HAD AT LEAST 1 DISABILITY...
28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: FORCE ME OUT OF MY APT
29. I’m involved with Invisible Illness Week because: WHY NOT?
30. The fact that you read this list makes me feel: OK

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogiversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
 
design by suckmylolly.com