It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Fun*Run Time

It's ALREADY that time of year again: The ADAPT Fun*Run for Disability Rights is April 22nd 2012. Maryland's fundraising goal is $8,000 this year. Yes, that's right, $8,000

Donate $1! Donate $10! Donate $100! Donate $1,000! JUST DONATE so we can FREE OUR PEOPLE! http://adaptfunrun.org/runner.php?id=7 I thank you very much for your support!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hunny Bunny


Last night I watched the Lifetime movie of the book The Memory Keeper's Daughter, which centered around a girl born with down syndrome. The following was told as a bedtime story part way though the film. It really touched me. I hope I didn't butcher it.

"There once was a little bunny who was perfect in every way, except that none of the other bunnies thought so. Whenever she would go out on a walk, all of the other bunnies would call 'Here comes Funny Bunny!' That made her feel so sad that she would go home crying to Mommy Bunny. Mommy Bunny said 'Everything is different. Every flower is different, every butterfly is different, and every bunny is different. That's what makes you who you are. You're not my funny bunny, your my Hunny Bunny!'"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one of the sweetest stories i have ever heard :)..

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogiversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
 
design by suckmylolly.com