It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Fun*Run Time

It's ALREADY that time of year again: The ADAPT Fun*Run for Disability Rights is April 22nd 2012. Maryland's fundraising goal is $8,000 this year. Yes, that's right, $8,000

Donate $1! Donate $10! Donate $100! Donate $1,000! JUST DONATE so we can FREE OUR PEOPLE! http://adaptfunrun.org/runner.php?id=7 I thank you very much for your support!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Season for Death???

There are a lot of older ladies and gents that live in my building. So many, that people have wondered why I chose to live in a retirement community. The truth is though that there is a core group of people 70+ that linger in the lobby and that is who you see. Not everyone else coming and going.


Last night I saw the 4th obituary of the summer posted in the lobby. Management writes their apt # in marker at the top. I have lived here a year and have not seen any previous obits that I can recall. Not that I knew any of those people (and they were old, none of them were sudden), but this coupled with Susan's post, and even Jenni's post about her cat, as well as a conversation I had yesterday afternoon with a friend about another friend who had passed several months ago, just has me in a funk.

What is it with all of this death? I'm not spiritual, not into god, but I can't help but wonder what this all means...

1 comments:

Taylor Lobby Management application said...

Wow, surprisingly I never knew this. I have been reading your blog a lot over the past few days and it has earned a place in my bookmarks.Thanks for sharing with us.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogiversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
 
design by suckmylolly.com