It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Fun*Run Time

It's ALREADY that time of year again: The ADAPT Fun*Run for Disability Rights is April 22nd 2012. Maryland's fundraising goal is $8,000 this year. Yes, that's right, $8,000

Donate $1! Donate $10! Donate $100! Donate $1,000! JUST DONATE so we can FREE OUR PEOPLE! http://adaptfunrun.org/runner.php?id=7 I thank you very much for your support!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

BADD is Coming up May 1, 2009

The Goldfish has asked that we all help spread the word and make this the biggest bestest (is that a word?) BADD ever! What is BADD you ask? Well the acronym BADD stands for Blogging Against Disableism (that's what they call ableism in the UK) Day. It's a blogging event, blogswarm (correct term?) where all kinds of bloggers--crip bloggers, mommy bloggers, AB bloggers, etc--stop to recognize how ableism affects everyone's lives. We write about things such as education, parenting, history, healthcare, politics, media, WHATEVER in the hopes of bringing awareness to the prejudice and working to help eradicate it.

I found BADD 2007 while googling ableism and spent HOURS glued to my laptop reading entries. It inspired me to start my disaboom blog. Reading BADD posts lights a fire within me. All the passion is empowering and contagious. Last year's BADD was the first one I participated in and I CAN'T WAIT until this one! I'm hoping to get my thoughts together in time to write another r-word entry, but if for some unfortunate reason my brain will not let me I guess I can always post my recent entry about the stigma surrounding psyc issues.

Please join BADD yourself. To do so click on the BADD icon at the top of my sidebar (not the one in this post). Below that are also links to the 3 provious BADDs and the links to my previous entries if you care. Please also come back here and let me know if you read something spectacular from this upcoming BADD or a previous one. Post the link as a comment to this. It's just too hard for me to get to them all and I know I've missed some GREAT ones. My two personal favorites (both from BADD 2007) are:

Sandbox Lessons
One in Five

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogiversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
 
design by suckmylolly.com