It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Fun*Run Time

It's ALREADY that time of year again: The ADAPT Fun*Run for Disability Rights is April 22nd 2012. Maryland's fundraising goal is $8,000 this year. Yes, that's right, $8,000

Donate $1! Donate $10! Donate $100! Donate $1,000! JUST DONATE so we can FREE OUR PEOPLE! http://adaptfunrun.org/runner.php?id=7 I thank you very much for your support!

Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Almost Forgot That It's THANKFUL THURSDAY

I was on spring break and decided not to do one last week. But I could really use this today, so I'm glad I remembered.

Today I am thankful because...


  • I found a new family practitioner who is crip friendly and went for my first physical in 4 years. Still waiting for the lab work to come back, but I am sure I am perfectly healthy.
  • When I was home I grabbed some CDs and now I have new tunes on my ipods.
  • I got to see family last weekend.
  • I scheduled my return ride so that after I testified on SB907 (see posts below) I could tour the shops in Annapolis for a bit. I haven't been there in 4 years.
  • I'm not sure how thankful I am for that, but I am thankful that I didn't get lost going back to the senate office building after I was done. I have the sense of dirrection of a flea.
  • I really got to network in Annapolis. The secretary of the Department of Disabilities was there as well as some people from 3 of the local independent living centers, who all liked what I had to say.
  • I got to spend time with friends over the break.
  • Paratransit has been working perfectly since I've had to start using it again. Surprisingly.
  • It's going to start getting warmer.
  • My 24th birthday, which is in 10 days from now is not durring Passover (I'm Jewish)

[image description: red heart that looks like it was done out of paint, with thankful written in cursive inside the heart towards the left]

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogiversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
 
design by suckmylolly.com