It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Fun*Run Time

It's ALREADY that time of year again: The ADAPT Fun*Run for Disability Rights is April 22nd 2012. Maryland's fundraising goal is $8,000 this year. Yes, that's right, $8,000

Donate $1! Donate $10! Donate $100! Donate $1,000! JUST DONATE so we can FREE OUR PEOPLE! http://adaptfunrun.org/runner.php?id=7 I thank you very much for your support!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Quotes from PT: You Know You're a Life Long ADAPTer When...

Haven't had one of these in a LONG time!


So I started PT, a recommendation I got through 2 ADAPTers, so I like to wear my more interesting shirts to keep her more entertained. Like my "shiny things distract me" shirt, where a pair of hand cuffs are portrayed as bling. That's one of my 3 favs.

Recently I wore another one of my favs, it has our logo really big, and then below it it has a quote:
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN... THAT WAS FUN!
It got a chuckle. A bit into my time another PT looks at me and says he's trying to read my shirt. I smooth it out so he can. Then he says, "I would ask if you've ever been bailed out of jail, but I think I'll leave that alone." To which I respond without missing a beat, "You're not allowed to bail out. It's against the rules. You have to wait."

A while later my PT is trying to get some measurements of my ROM and in order to do that on one side she has to climb up on the big mat/table I'm on, between me and an older gentleman. She looks at him and says, "Don't worry, I won't bite, if you behave." The man jokingly goes "If I behave... those are the key words. Has [his PT] been telling you stories about me?"

To which I look at all 3 of them and say, "That's no fun. Who wants to behave? Behaving is boring. My favorite shirt (the 3rd of the 3) says 'well behaved women rarely make history'"

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogiversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
 
design by suckmylolly.com