It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Fun*Run Time

It's ALREADY that time of year again: The ADAPT Fun*Run for Disability Rights is April 22nd 2012. Maryland's fundraising goal is $8,000 this year. Yes, that's right, $8,000

Donate $1! Donate $10! Donate $100! Donate $1,000! JUST DONATE so we can FREE OUR PEOPLE! http://adaptfunrun.org/runner.php?id=7 I thank you very much for your support!

Monday, March 1, 2010

A Letter From Mike Ervin

WHY I WANT YOUR SUPPORT FOR DISABILITY RIGHTS!



A Personal Letter from MIKE ERVIN –
2010 NATIONAL ADAPT FUNRUNNER



MIKE’S GOAL IS A “ZILLION” FUN RUN SUPPORTERS



BE ONE IN A ZILLION AND SUPPORT MIKE E!



Dear Friend of ADAPT,



It just recently hit me that I’ve been doing ADAPT stuff for 26 years, which is half of my life. And there’s no end in sight. I’ll be doing ADAPT stuff as long as there is ADAPT stuff to be done (which is forever) and as long as I can still do it.


Why? Because I’m restless. Life is too damn short. I’ve got things to see and people to do. I don’t want to be locked away in some stinkin’ nursing home somewhere. I don’t want that to happen to anybody.


So I do ADAPT stuff. We confront those in power who would just as soon see us locked away. And we say, “Hell no! We won’t go!”


And the best thing about it is we actually win! That’s what I love most about ADAPT. I’m a sore loser. If I’m going to spend a lot of time and energy protesting, I want to win something dammit! ADAPT demanded accessible public transit and we got accessible public transit. ADAPT demanded that the feds and states spend money supporting disabled folk in their homes and communities instead of locking us away, and what do ya know, billions of dollars have shifted toward funding home and community services and supports.


Doing ADAPT stuff is big time fun too. Of course it’s always a rush giving the bad guys a pie in the face. But ADAPTers are the most wonderfully ornery people in the world, which is what makes hanging with them so wild and entertaining.


So when ADAPT leaders asked me if I could help out by running, I said, “Sure, I can do that easy.” I thought they meant by running my mouth. But by running, they meant by being the 2010 ADAPT National FUN*RUNNER.


Every year ADAPT raises most of our money by having our FUN*RUN for Disability Right in Washington, DC right before our Spring Action. This year it will be held Sunday April 25, 2010 in Upper Senate Park.


My job as National FUN*RUNNER is to get a zillion people to sponsor me per lap. I intend to do 10 laps. It will be grueling, pushing my joystick that long, but I’ve already started training.


Giving the bad guys a pie in the face actually costs a lot of money. Help keep ADAPT strong! Please sponsor me. It’s easy to do and it’s tax deductible.Please be one of my ZILLION supporters.


Cheers,
Mike Ervin

To donate please 
click here

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogiversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
 
design by suckmylolly.com