It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Fun*Run Time

It's ALREADY that time of year again: The ADAPT Fun*Run for Disability Rights is April 22nd 2012. Maryland's fundraising goal is $8,000 this year. Yes, that's right, $8,000

Donate $1! Donate $10! Donate $100! Donate $1,000! JUST DONATE so we can FREE OUR PEOPLE! http://adaptfunrun.org/runner.php?id=7 I thank you very much for your support!

Friday, January 22, 2010

I Meant to Write a Thankful Thursday Yesterday

[that's a picture of the MD state house to the left]


The day just got away from me. Wednesday was a GREAT day, the best I've had in a long time. Wednesday I went to Action Annapolis. I was bursting with so much greatness that I just have to share. I am thankful that
  • I was able to get up and out in time to make my 6:45am paratransit ride.
  • My 6:45am paratransit ride was on time, as was my 1:15 and my 5:03 was early! It is so hard for drivers to find anything in Annapolis... My 9:15 came @ 9:51, only 6mins outside the window. Not bad for 4 rides in a day!
  • I told a friend I would either show up @ 8 or 10, nothing in between. I got there @ 8:05 for an 8:30 arrival time so I was actually EARLY to something in Annapolis on a Wendesday (their busiest day)!!!!!!!
  • "Policy educating" always gives me such a rush and reminds me of my innate power to get things done; I'm totally pumped up for school on Monday!
  • I also got a super cool button, my favorite of all 9 on my purse. 10 cents makes sense! That's in reference to the alcohol tax bill.
  • I hang out with some of the coolest most passionate people now! If you can figure out who you are (there are quite a few) I <3 u
  • I now have a mission when I go for the guardian voting bill hearing on Tues: bug the hell out of Mike Miller, the head of the senate, who has decided that there will be no tax increases in an election year. Not if I, or the army of supporters have anything to do with it.
  • I was confidant enough to take the lead when talking to senators and I WON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!
  • People @ OOO seem to be able to understand me when I am so tired that I cannot even keep my head up. Getting up @ 5am is just not my thing and I took my meds so early they wore off not long after I got there.
  • People @ OOO don't seem to be bugged that I frequently use my time for public policy "commercials."
I'm hoping that frequent trips to Annapolis and/or DC this year keep me jazzed, pumped up, and distracted enough to kick those losers at school in the ass! Depression sucks...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awsomeness! U rock! Thanks for the remonder today. I just got it to late but it was good timing idea.

Adelaide Dupont said...

Hooray for on time transit, passionate people and policy!

And celebrate the innate power of getting things done!

Cheryl said...

AD, you have no idea how much I needed that right now. TY!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogiversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
 
design by suckmylolly.com