It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Fun*Run Time

It's ALREADY that time of year again: The ADAPT Fun*Run for Disability Rights is April 22nd 2012. Maryland's fundraising goal is $8,000 this year. Yes, that's right, $8,000

Donate $1! Donate $10! Donate $100! Donate $1,000! JUST DONATE so we can FREE OUR PEOPLE! http://adaptfunrun.org/runner.php?id=7 I thank you very much for your support!

Friday, August 21, 2009

Haven't Done One of These in Awhile

Some Links:

Fresh Faces, Fresh Voices: How are twentysomethings with disabilities dealing with the post-ADA era? What are they thinking? (The current cover story from New Mobility)

I consider them my Posse. I don't know German, but I've seen him around and he has an AWESOME tatoo (Photo left, below, courestry of facebook) I also LOVE Kara's blog. I'm a big fan of hers and would LOVE to meet her sometime. Plus, I LOVE her artsy pictures too (photo right above).

Also, from New Mobility and Not Dead Yet, an article from 2005 by Mike Ervin, another ADAPTer Clip-N-Save Advance Medical Directive Here's my own post on death.

Want to know how that Rally went? From the Baltimore Sun blogs, Budget protests begin in earnest; disabled community rallies in Annapolis. I missed it & basically spent 8 hours of my day waiting on paratransit (but that's another post entirely).

Lastly, from CNN, How Health Reform Might Affect PWDs:



3 comments:

Blake said...

Hi Cheryl. I used to follow your blog fairly closely, but I sort of dropped out of the disability blogosphere. This was a good starter post for me to get back into reading your stuff. Keep it up!

Cheryl said...

thanks Blake! If you have time look @ some of the older stuff or somewhere on my blogroll

Kara said...

Oh wow Cheryl! You're post made my day:-) I read it earlier on my phone and just got a chance to respond on my "real computer"-lol! I would love to meet you too sometime! Wouldn't it be cool to have a Disaboom meetup of some kind? A girl can dream I guess!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogiversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
 
design by suckmylolly.com