It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Fun*Run Time

It's ALREADY that time of year again: The ADAPT Fun*Run for Disability Rights is April 22nd 2012. Maryland's fundraising goal is $8,000 this year. Yes, that's right, $8,000

Donate $1! Donate $10! Donate $100! Donate $1,000! JUST DONATE so we can FREE OUR PEOPLE! http://adaptfunrun.org/runner.php?id=7 I thank you very much for your support!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

How I Feel About Parents Who Refuse Vaccinations


I've linked to this article from Slate before

From January 3, 1967 [a 4 slide Peanuts cartoon]

Slide 1 Linus: WHY DO I HAVE TO GET A MEASLES SHOT?
Slide 2 Linus: WHO EVER WORRIES ABOUT MEASLES? WHAT'S A LITTLE "RUBEOLA" AMONG FRIENDS?
Slide 3 Lucy: YOUR STUPIDITY IS APPALLING!!!
Slide 4 Linus: MOST STUPIDITY IS!

Thanks Penny!
(Penny posted this on Facebook for an entirely different reason -- her views are not necessarily the same)

1 comments:

rickismom said...

I agree. As I always tell people who don't want to "risk" the vacinne, I say, "Come read in my med textbook about XYZ disease. And in our global world, there is just too much chance of these diseases spreading if people stop vacinating....
Last year a friend said she didn't want to give the swine flue vacine because her child would maybe get a temperature. Since I knew THREE people who DIED from swine flue, I really blew my stack at that!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogiversary

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
 
design by suckmylolly.com